Tuesday 10 April 2012

To Siri or not?

This one is for iPhone 4s users. How many times have you actually used Siri?

1. When there is nothing to do?
2. While driving?
3. In office?
4. In the train?

If you answered 1 then you are in the same boat as me. In that case the boat is probably over-full and is about to topple over.

To be honest, I don't know 'what' to ask Siri. Let alone 'when'.

The only questions I can consciously think of and without feeling stupid (even when alone and perfectly capable of handling the phone) are
1. What does my day look like?
2. Hows the weather like today?
3. Am I busy today?

Any more complex and Siri goes bonkers. The other day I was playing around with Siri and wanted to text my wife. It went as far as composing the full message, but faltered at actually sending it. So it went 'here's your message, ready to send?', I said yes in several different accents of English but the conversation went to a different level apart from sending the message. Try that while you are driving! Or don't.
It's not healthy.

I think there has to be a 'Know your Siri' education or maybe a 'Siri user manual', just so that you can open up to AI level of conversation without feeling conscious of whether to Siri or not. There is still some reservation, otherwise with so many iPhone 4s users out there, we would have gone nuts listening to a carriage full of weather reports and meeting schedules.

What do ye saye? I would like to get your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment